The Standard Overhang of a Kitchen Countertop With so many designs out there today, the Countertop market is hustling to invent new trends for us to incorporate. Look at the past years, and you will see my point. The surge of Quartz countertops, Copper styling […]
Ways to Save on Your Kitchen Remodel
Ever thought of renovating a place? It can be a kitchen, an office, a part of your house, what is sure is that it’s not cheap. The average national cost of remodeling your 200-foot kitchen is roughly $62,000. It includes new floors, custom wood cabinets, and standard appliances. Furthermore, for the idealist between us that want to add a stone counter-top, built-in refrigerators, and other luxury designs can spike the price up to $123,000.
But what if I told you there is another way? A way that is much more productive and cheap, even for those of us a budget.
Three ways to Renovation Paradise
● Paint Life: “A bold color and modern hardware can breathe new life into old, ordinary cabinetry,” said CeCe Barfield Thompson, an interior designer who gave her own 1990s-era kitchen a makeover a few years ago by painting the cherry wood cabinets Smokestack Gray by Benjamin Moore. As you can see, history always repeats itself. A simple color change can give you the design in of your dreams, with a much cheaper cost than a whole renovation.
● It’s always about the Cabinets: There is a well-known secret among Kitchen renovators. One of the main aspects of renewing revolves around refacing the cabinets. Cabinet materials that cannot be stained or painted, consider refacing. Refacing is the act of one replacing all doors, drawer fronts and side panels with new ones; while keeping the existing framework alive. This method has been used by many famous designers. Carolyn DiCarlo, a Manhattan-based designer, took this approach when she was working on a loft in the Dumbo section in the past years.
● Open shelves: If your cabinets are long gone for refacing then try to OPT for open shelves. Not only will does this act reduce the overall cost, but it also eliminates the need for hardware. Another way is to use particleboard, a simple way to further reduce the renovation cost.
The importance of working with a stone fabricator
Working with a stone fabricator is an important part of your renovation. Firstly, a stone fabricator can help you choose the best material for your home. This includes taking the measurements and showing you slabs suited for your ideal design. If you are a perfectionist then we highly recommend going directly to the fabricator. Working with an expert can open you the door for a customed remodel. Instead of wasting your time, money and energy, we can solve it all for you.
When searching for a fabricator, you must find a company that has the experience and can provide you with all types of slabs. Mega Marble can do just that for you. We fabricate any counter-top material you need, yes even Marble. Go directly with a fabricator to cut on your money and time.
Let’s talk about Prices and Budgeting
Reinventing your kitchens can come in many forms, and of course prices. The most expensive part of remodeling your kitchen is usually the cabinets, which on average cost $15,000 dollars and more. In second place comes the new appliances for your kitchen, costing an average of $8,200.
As you can see it’s expensive, but there are a few ways to further subtract the price. Here are a few examples of how:
● Setting a Budget: A lot of people get consumed in their renovation project and clearly lose track of the cost, that is why it’s important to set your personal budget. Make a list of how and what you want to remodel, see how much it costs and how to compares with your budget.
● Leave the appliances out of the sink: Redirecting a line is expensive, to say the least. Underestimating the cost of these will leave you with a priceless face. The act of redirecting requires you to bring into the picture in additional expertise in the form of an electrician or plumber. Add this to the cost equation, and find yourself far off from your budget. Unless necessary, we recommend not to add the appliances.
● Only replace the cabinets if needed: Before investing on a completely new cabinet, check and see if you can repair or replace it, This additional step can help you save a lot of money, especially since this is the most expensive part of remodeling your kitchen.
Things the contractors or kitchen and bath showroom must convince you to go with there stone fabricator Most often, people wonder why they have shims after their countertop has been installed. Actually, there is a reasonable explanation to that which is simply the fact […]
Save a Lot of Money with Quartz Countertops that Look Like Calacatta Marble
A lot of homeowners love the idea of buying quartz countertops that look exactly like Calacatta marble. That is due to the very reason that these countertops achieve the classic, sophisticated and beautiful look. They are even more perfect for kitchens that go with the themes of traditional, modern and vintage.
Due to the very reason that quartz that they are an engineered stone, they provide that look of veining that is similar with the natural stone. The great thing about quartz is the fact that it is maintenance-free and super durable. It only means to say there’s more opportunity for you to save.
There’s no need for you to seal it annually just like when it comes to marble and granite. That is why it is simply suggested to have quartz countertops that look like calacatta marble. This is the best choice that you might ever want to consider on the market today.
Once you get into the world of companies or manufacturers, there are brand names for you to find that include of Cambria, Caesarstone, Silestone. They also have the same quality of quartz. There are simply a lot of choices out there in store for you. And, it might get difficult for your part to choose the one that you like best. This is especially true to the fact when you search for grey and white. There are lots of samples out there to find. You may also look through the samples/pictures to know if they are perfect for your kitchen. There is really nothing better than one than a quartz countertop that looks like a calacatta marble. This is something that you would want to see in your space. And if you are searching for quartz with white and grey in it and that exactly is the same with a Carrara marble, there are still more that you could take a closer look at. There are companies and manufacturers that are willing to add for newer and better colors for you. There are companies that are not brand names and have the same quality but in a lower price.
That new and appealing look you would want to have in the kitchen will most certainly be achieved. This is a stunning countertop that you would want to ever consider.
In addition to that, the Quartz Countertops that look like Calacatta Marble are super strong and real. They are even more amazing and they are pretty much closer to the natural marble. You may somehow find it difficult to believe it.
The features of the quartz countertops that look like Calacatta Marble are just simply amazing. They also add more charm and they do not ever require more maintenance, as mentioned. Their timeless style and beauty just made them even better. They will also for sure transform your room or kitchen the moment you have installed it.
Now, there’s no need to hesitate further in buying Quartz Countertops that Look like Calacatta Marble!
White Quartz Slabs For Countertops That Look Like Marble
Helpful Tips To Remember When You Work With A Contractor or Kitchen and Bath Showrooms When a person is building a new home or revitalizing the look of a currenthome, they tend to hire a contractor to assist them with the job. After all, most […]
Which Countertop Material is best for Your Kitchen?
When it comes to kitchen countertop materials, a wide range of materials are widely known and used. However, among this wide variety of materials, some are more appropriate for some kitchens than others. That is why our focus in this article will be on which countertop material is best for one’s kitchen based on one’s needs and environment. Without further ado, let’s get to the first material which is the black absolute granite.
Black absolute granite countertop is a solid granite stone originating from India. It is special for so many reasons, one of them being its looks, given that it has a very consistent dark color.
It also has a consistent texture but, what makes Black Absolute granite a stone worth considering goes beyond that. It is a stone known for its strength. Therefore, if you need a countertop that should be able to withstand shock, then Black Absolute granite is the stone for you. Also, a great benefit that the darkest (which also happen to be the cheapest) pieces of this stone have to offer is the fact that they are not likely to get stained.
This therefore makes this stone ideal for accidental situations. However, as you might have guessed, though this countertop is very handy, it will not offer you the elegance of more classic countertops such as marble. This therefore does not make it your best option if you are in search of a sophisticated look for your kitchen. And that introduces us to our second material, Quartz.
Quartz countertop As compared to the Black absolute granite which is the strongest available in the market, Quartz could be said to be the best countertop material available. Despite Quartz countertop being an engineered stone, it combines resilience and beauty as some quartz stones look like Calacatta or Carrara marble which are amongst the most beautiful white marble types that exist. As a bonus, Quartz is available in several colors and will undoubtedly add a touch of luxury to one’s kitchen.
Additionally, the stone is non-porous, hence very resistant to stains. It can stand up to juice, oil, tomato, coffee and other liquids that can stain. Overall, Quartz is considered the best not only because of all these qualities that make it a great ally in kitchen, or just because it adds a touch of luxury and permits some degree of personalization but also because, it is a material that can stand the test of time. Quartz is durable and will be ideal it you are in search of resistance and luxury.
Obviously, Quartz may not be among the cheapest countertop materials but is definitely worth it.
The principal advantage of Chinese granite is the cheapness. Chinese granite is the ideal material if you are on a budget. Actually, Chinese granite stones are the cheapest available on the market. Obviously, they will have a few shortcomings but overall, they are visually satisfactory.
We hope the above information help you chose which countertop material is best for your kitchen.
Quartz countertops are a great option not only for the fact that they offer timeless beauty and luxury but also because it offers unusual strength and durability. You can never go wrong with quartz and its many brands. It is easy to clean; require […]